Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow thanks!!


37 weeks and counting... on one hand I am looking forward to ending this pregnancy and meeting this little person, and on the other hand sits dread. So I am very torn, but I think the former wins out. I am just so uncomfortable at this point.

Amidst all that, I have been fervently praying that I don't go into labor during these past 2 snowstorms that have hit. We had one Saturday, and a new one last night and all day today. I think in total it's close to 4 feet of snow!! Crazy! I did learn a new term from the weather people, however - Thundersnow. How cool does that sound? I think it could be the name of a new superhero or something.

For Superbowl we stayed close to home and had a few snacks, but my favorite was this yummy Warm Cranberry and Walnut Brie. It took hardly any time and was melty and good. I had to remind the hub that it was supposed to serve 8 people, not just the three of us. We made sure not to finish the entire thing, but it was tempting!!

Warm Cranberry-Walnut Brie
(serves 8) from Cooking Light

1 (8-ounce) round Brie cheese
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped walnuts, toasted
Triscuits to serve with the dip

1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. Using a serrated knife, remove topmost rind from cheese; discard rind. Place cheese, cut side up, in a small ovenproof baking dish; sprinkle with cranberries and thyme. Top evenly with nuts. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until cheese is soft and warm. Serve immediately with crackers.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That sounds awesome! I love Thundersnow! I'm already getting a mental picture of the superhero costume--And the weapon of choice to fight off bad guys would be icicles, of course.

    ReplyDelete