Sunday, January 10, 2010

Don't act like you're not impressed: Minnie Mouse Cupcakes


Yes, we are still celebrating my daughter's birthday a week later. Isn't that how we all like our birthdays to be? Today we held a party for her and some of her little friends at one of those indoor moon bounce places. It seemed to be a hit with most of the kids and the best part was that I did not have to clean my house before or after the party. The only effort I had to put forth was making up some goody bags and making these cupcakes.

I actually saw this idea on http://acupfullofcake.blogspot.com/2009/08/minnie-mouse-themed-cake-and-cupcakes.html

and decided to try my hand at it. I used chocolate cake mix and made per the directions on the box, iced them, and made Minnie's bows out of bite-sized Twizzlers and the ears were Oreos, sans the cream filling. Unfortunately, the Oreo "ears" got pretty soft overnight, and they kind of broke off, so I had some repair work to do this morning, but otherwise, they were a big hit and tasted delicious!

1 comment: