Monday, January 18, 2010

Labor of Love - My First Quilt




This title is tongue-in-cheek. As you may have gathered, Internet, I am expecting Baby #2 very soon, hence the Labor. (Ugh don't want to think about it!) My first quilt was certainly a laborious process, and many times I did NOT enjoy it in the least! In fact, it took me over a year to complete due to my tendency to procrastinate. I don't know if I thought it would just make itself, or what, but I finally finished the top piece in November, and brought it to the quilt store for them to finish it for me.
In preparation for Baby #2, the Hub and I decided to make our guest room into our 3-year-old's new "big girl room." We are pretty pleased with how it all turned out and I think it's the perfect little girl's room. Luckily the little, or shall I say, "big", girl loves it, too. Here are some pictures of the quilt. The top piece has a variety of fabrics, and the underside of the quilt is a pink Peter Rabbit toile.

No comments:

Post a Comment